Twitter, Facebook and many other social media platforms have been under fire owing to the way they have been handling accounts of politicians.
Former United States President Donald Trump, who remains suspended from Twitter, Facebook as well as several other social media sites after the January 6 attack on the Capitol, is all set to launch his own platform in two to three months. This development comes as per the announcement made by one of his senior advisors to Fox News on Sunday.
Jason Miller, who was the spokesman for Trump’s 2020 campaign, told the network that Trump could well re-enter the social media space with a new platform of his own that would “completely redefine the game.”
However, Miller did not furnish any other details, and hence, no further comments were made by officials with the Trump Organization.
Last week Twitter said that they would seek public input on when and how it should ban world leaders, and it went on to say that they were still in process of reviewing policy and considering whether the leaders should be held to the same rules as other users.
Twitter, Facebook and many other social media platforms have been under fire owing to the way they have been handling accounts of politicians and government officials after their ban of Trump for inciting violence.
Facebook, which indefinitely suspended Trump in January, has also sought the opinion of an independent oversight board to decide whether the ban should stand.