Spotify has launched a new in-app feature which is aimed at making it easier for users to share their favourite tracks, podcasts and episodes on social media. It will be called “My Forever Favorites” and the feature will be Spotify’s Android and iOS apps.
My Forever Favorites allows the user to create a playlist where it will be easy to add the top five songs, podcasts and episodes. After the options are selected, you can share them on your social media pages. My Forever Favorites should appear on your Spotify app’s home screen, however, it id does not, you can follow a link which pops up.
Once you get to this section, this is what you have to do:
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon in order to add a song or podcast.
- Spotify will recommend songs and podcasts which will be based on your listening history.
- This is where you will be able to type the song/podcast name in the search bar.
- Now, once all the five slots have been filled, all you need to do it is to tap on the share button.
- Now, you can share it to Instagram stores, Facebook stories or also on Twitter.
- Not only this, you can also download it and then and share it via other apps as well.
We should mention here that My Forever Favorites appears as a card and it shows the track and artists’ name along with the album art. Once this playlist is created, it can be seen on your Spotify library. One can then add more songs to your favorites playlist and customise it as you would do to any other playlist on Spotify.
This new Spotify feature is available to free and premium users on the music platform. Also, it is part of Spotify’s first globally campaign ‘Music, Meet Podcasts’.