What the Coronavirus outbreak has done is that it has made people more vigilant and very aware about the different ways to be hygienic. Yes, people have also become paranoid and it has become very pertinent that people keep their surroundings clean. It needs to be mentioned here that phones, laptops, and computers, have become an integral part of the way we lead our lives and hence, we have to keep things clean in order to stay safe and stay away from the reach of the virus.
Here in this article, we will discuss the simple ways and means to keep all the aforementioned tools clean.
As per the World Health Organization (WHO), COVID-19 spreads through tiny droplets ejected from an infected person’s cough or sneeze.
Cleaning smartphones is a must
- Before going for this clean, make sure the device is clean.
- You have make sure that the phone case or any accessory has been taken off from the handset.
- Now pick up an easily-available microfiber cloth. If not, any soft fabric would also get the job done.
- One has to use the cloth after you dampen it using a warm water and soap mix to do the cleaning. However, avoid using too much water as it may harm the device.
- Now all you have to do is to dry the phone using another cloth.
Cleaning office keyboards or laptop
- Once again start by switching off the computer and unplugging all connections.
- If it is a laptop, turn it off and take off the charging cord. Also, take out the battery, if that is possible.
- Tap on the back so that the dust which might be settled falls off.
- Now use any disinfectant to wipe off the surface and especially, the keys of the keyboard.
- You can clean the keys in two ways – dry and sticky.
How to clean the office mouse or laptop touchpad
- Unplug the mouse, remove the batteries and then clean it.
- Spinning the scroll wheel will make sure all the particles will bounce out. You can also do this by stroking the mouse upside down.
- Now, use the disinfectant wipes and clean the top of the mouse. Laptop touchpads can also be cleaned in the same way.