Owing to the corona virus pandemic, we have been forced to stay at home and go about our daily chores. Now, if you do not have a WiFi connection and are totally dependent on mobile data, it becomes imperative to have a strong mobile network which is smooth enough to download and upload files as well as for seamless calling and video calling experience.
However, if the mobile network is slow, one of the options is to port the mobile number to other networks as it is a good idea. So, if you are too hesitant to physically visit the mobile store, there are options to sit back and port your number.
Here is how:
How to port mobile number to Airtel [online]
* You have to download the AirtelThanks app available on Google Play store as well as on the App store.
* Then you need to select the plan and confirm the port-in request.
* Airtel will then send an executive to the given address who will collect your details and deliver the new SIM.
* You can then insert the new SIM card to your mobile device which will then be activated.
How to port mobile number to Vodafone-Idea [online]
* All you have to do is to head over to the Vodafone-Idea app and enter your name, contact number and city on the MNP page.
* Now, select a Vodafone RED Postpaid plan that suits your needs.
* Proceed to then tap on the ‘Switch to Vodafone’ button
*Enter your address and pin code for free SIM delivery.
How to port mobile number to Reliance Jio [online]
* You can download the MyJio app from Google Play store or App store.
* You can open the app and then head over to port section of the app.
* This is when you will get two options: Get a new Jio SIM and keep the existing number and just change the network.
* Select the type of SIM you want between prepaid and postpaid.
* You will then choose a plan which fits in perfectly to your requirement.
* Confirm your location.
* Now, you will get two options – doorstep and store pickup. Hence, if you are not too confident to step into the Jio store, you can choose the doorstep option. You can select the date and time as per your convenience. Also, there is a way to track the delivery of this new SIM.