One of the most reliable apps to find directions is Google Maps and this will be compatible on both desktop and smartphones.
There are times, especially when we travel when we need to search for a location and routes on our desktops/laptops. Now, Google has rolled out a feature which enables users to send a location from Google Maps desktop to smartphones with just one click on “Send to your phone’ option.
This is how you do it:
One needs to sign in to the same Google Account on both your desktop and smartphone
- Log in to your Google account and the open Google Map on your computer
- Search for the place where you wish to go to
- If you now see the information on the panel, you would see options – Direction, Save, Nearby, Send to your phone, Share
- Now, select the option “Send to your phone”
- You will also need to click on the option and you will be asked where exactly the information needs to be sent – registered email address or smartphone
- You have to select the phone where you will start receiving the notification. The number of your smartphone should be the same as registered with your Google Account or Gmail
- You will receive a notification on your registered number. Tap on the notification to open the place in the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
It should be mentioned here that if your smartphone does not appear when you select “Send to your phone”, you will then need to connect your phone to your Google Account. Make sure that you are using the updated version of Google Maps.
In order to turn on Android, go to the Google app, on the bottom right of the page, click on More option, then go to Settings, click on General, toggle on Discover.